Thursday, September 16, 2010

Susan Plonsky report from Byers

Susan reported that Tom Knoblauch was the first to arrive at 22:46. He's had only 1 hour sleep so far. She tried to tell him this is a randonnee. He responded "I'm being chased." Russell Fairles, Tim Feldman and Peter Morrissey left Atwood 1:20 behind Tom.

Reminds me of BMB '92. I was in the lead by the second morning (hadn't slept), took 90 minutes the 2nd night and then kept moving because I knew I was being chased. That's hard. I'd rather be doing the chasing than wondering where my pursuers are! I finished first in 53:35.

No word yet on when Tom left Byers or when the others passed through Byers. Tom has ridden 650 miles averaging 14.86 mph and has 104 miles to go. Bonne route, Tom, Russell, Tim, Peter and all the others!

No comments:

Post a Comment