Tuesday, September 2, 2008

2008 Route Posted

The 2008 route map and cue sheet are now posted. As predicted, the route and checkpoints are unchanged from 2006 (except we're now using a sideroad near mile 730):

Any questions, let me know.

-jle

1 comment:

  1. I am copying Dick's comment and my response from the "Inspection" post - it should have been a comment to this post.

    -jle
    -----------------------

    dickfelton said...
    looks to be change on inbounbd route at 730.6 miles ? was hyw 52 - now rd7 ?? left turn still on 95th street?? pls advise

    September 3, 2008 4:44 AM


    jle said...
    That's true, Dick. So indeed the route is not the same as in 2006. (I'll modify the base post.)

    This change cuts out four miles of safe but not quiet road. Hwy. 52 has a broad shoulder in good shape, but it's somewhat busy.

    I considered quieter, backroads routing for the finish, at the cost of more navigation, but there's construction on at least one segment, making this unbeneficial.

    -jle

    September 3, 2008 7:33 AM

    ReplyDelete