Saturday, September 3, 2022

2022 Last Chance Update #9

Rider Tracking - I have posted our Rider Progress spreadsheet, which is linked from the Last Chance home page.  Volunteers record when you arrive and depart the overnight checkpoints. This helps them keep track of riders, and helps people following your ride keep up with your progress.  IMPORTANT: It is therefore important to check in with staff when and, if possible, when you depart. If no one is available, you can text your departure time to me (phone# on brevet card). Include your name so I know whose text this is.


Your Tracking Device - If you are using a GPS tracking device, you may give us a link to where that device posts to, and we will link to it from your name on the Rider Progress sheet. Just email me the link.

1000k Riders - I have received some questions about the 1000k brevet option. As you know, the 1000k route ends in Brush, 9 miles east of Ft. Morgan. After you record your finish there, you may bike to Ft. Morgan where food and other support will be available at the checkpoint. You will need to make plans on getting back to Louisville. One option is to ride a new 158 km permanent populaire I've created, the Last Chance Fort Morgan Flyer. If you wish to ride with 1200k riders, you may ride the 1200k route, which is slightly longer, but passes through the perm checkpoints, so you get credit.

Currently I see that Ray Holzworth and Dang Dzung are signed up for the 1000k option. If I'm missing anyone, let me know.

All for now ... enjoy your weekend!

-jle

No comments:

Post a Comment